Find out where our recycling centres are (previously known as the tip), opening times and what we do and don't accept. You can also apply for a permit if you have a large vehicle, such as a van.
You can only take your rubbish or recycling to our recycling centres, if you live within Bath and North East Somerset. You will need to bring some identification to show that you live in the area.
Examples of identification you can bring to our recycling centres
Any of the following identification is acceptable:
- Driving licence
- Discovery card
- Council Tax bill
- Recent utility bill
We have three recycling centres:
You need to let us know in advance if you're bringing certain items to our recycling centres, such as asbestos. You can check our recycling A-Z page to see if you need to do this, or to see if there's a limit on the item you intend to bring. We can refuse entry if you haven't let us know or if an item is over the limit.
You need to apply for a free permit if you bring a certain vehicle, such as a van, small lorry or trailer over 1.8m - 2.4m long, to our recycling centres. You won't be allowed in if you don't have a permit.
Any of the following vehicles require a permit to use our recycling centres:
- Camper van, people carrier (MPV), Land Rover without rear and/or side windows
- 4x4, minibus or people carrier (MPV) without rear seats
- Trailers between 1.8m and 2.4m in body length (excluding frame)
- Pick-up trucks (including Land Rovers)
- Any vans (including box vans and crew cabs with bulk heads at rear) up to and including 3.5 tonnes
- Agricultural vehicles (excluding tractors) up to and including 3.5 tonnes
- Horse box with integrated cab up to and including 3.5 tonnes
You need to re-apply for a permit each time you have a new vehicle. Please also note that we will cancel your permit if you try to illegally get rid of business waste.
Any of the following vehicles are not allowed on site:
- Trailers over 2.4m (8ft) in body length
- Any combination of van (all sizes) or pick-up truck with any trailer
- Any sized flatbed vehicle
- Any vehicle carrying waste from commercial or business activity
- Any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes gross weight
If you have a permit, you can only use our recycling centres on the following days:
You don't need a permit if you bring a hired vehicle to our recycling centres, but you must provide evidence to show that you live within Bath and North East Somerset, as well as your vehicle hire agreement. The limits of certain materials that can be disposed of still apply and vehicles cannot exceed 3.4 tonnes.