The queue time to get into Keynsham recycling centre is usually about 1.5 hours, so please make sure you leave enough time to join the queue before it closes. Thank you for your patience.
Pixash Lane, Keynsham, BS31 1TP
(Access via Ashmead Road)
|Monday to Friday||8am to 4.15pm|
|Saturday||9am to 3.45pm|
|Sunday||9am to 1pm|
|Bank holidays||8am to 3.45pm|
This recycling centre is closed on Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).
Before you arrive
Bringing paint to the recycling centre
Water-based emulsion paint
Only bring empty water-based emulsion paint containers (plastic or metal), or ones with hardened water-based emulsion paint inside to our recycling centres. We cannot take any tins that still have liquid emulsion paint in them (add sawdust, sand or soil to the container, or buy a paint hardener and leave the lid off until the paint becomes solid and dry).
Solvent based paint, paint thinner, stripper, toxic paints and white spirit
Solvent based paint, paint thinner, stripper, toxic paints and white spirit can be brought in full or partially full, and placed in our hazardous waste area for specialist disposal.
Before you come to the recycling centre, be aware of the following:
- Sort and group your items together so you can unload quickly
- Delays and queues are likely, so please don't arrive before the centre opens (you will be turned away if the queue becomes too long to avoid congestion on surrounding roads)
- Don't take any items that can be recycled from your weekly kerbside collection except for large card (cardboard, cans, plastic bottles, plastic tubs and trays, glass, paper, food waste, textiles, clothes and shoes)
- Bring proof of address with you in paper or digital format (for example, your most recent Council tax or utility bill,which you will show through a closed window)
- Permit system for vans and trailers is still in place (and you will need one before your visit) - you can use the centre temporarily on any day of the week, but the odd and even number plate system applies, so please check (above) beforehand
- Staff will not be able to help you remove or lift items from your vehicle (due to social distancing)
- No pedestrian access
When you arrive
When you arrive, there will be at least one member of staff to help manage the traffic, and another controlling the gate. They will advise you when you can enter and, provided social distancing is possible, guide you where to go. Please also be aware of the following:
- We will be operating on a ‘one in one out’ basis
- If you have passengers with you, only one person can leave the vehicle unless it is to help unload a heavy item
- Staff at the entrance will check proof of residency, and to see your permit (if you are using a vehicle that requires one)
- Follow staff instructions at all times as they are there to ensure you and everyone else is kept safe
- Pay attention to container labels and only put your rubbish or recycling in the correct container
- Don't use containers that have a barrier across them
- Continue to follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a 2m distance between yourself, staff and any other members of the public (anyone not adhering to the social distancing rules will be asked to leave - we will only remain open when it is safe to do so. If anyone acts in an irresponsible manner, we may have to close or change the way we work)
Items for recycling
For a list of individual items and where to recycle them (including items for recycling centres), please see our recycling A-Z page.
What we do with your items
We collect items which can be reused for charities and sale days. We use the money made from sale days to fund and develop reuse and recycling activities at our recycling centres, to try to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.