Find out what goes in your rubbish bin or bag, when it's collected and what you can do to help us collect it. You can also order larger bins or replacement bins or bags and tell us if you're moving.
We collect rubbish every other week in a wheelie bin or a re-usable rubbish bag (RRB). Find out when your next collection day is using our collection day finder.
What goes in your bin or bag
Your rubbish is generally left-over waste that you cannot recycle.
The following items can go in your rubbish bin or bag:
- General household waste (that can't be recycled)
- Tissues and wipes
- Plastics we can't recycle
- Broken glass (must be wrapped securely)
For a list of individual items and where to recycle them, please see our recycling A-Z page.
Putting your rubbish out
To help us collect your rubbish, please take note of the following:
- place your rubbish in a wheelie bin or RRB at the front edge of your property (you can check your bin allocation by entering your postcode on to our interactive map
- place your rubbish in tied black sacks before placing in your RRB (if using one)
- put your rubbish out by 6am on your collection day (or no earlier than 8pm the night before)
- close your bin lid
If you live in the city centre of Bath, please don't leave your rubbish on railings or steps between collections.
Order a bin
You can order a replacement bin or RRB, or larger bin (if eligible).
If your rubbish bin or RRB gets damaged, you can order a replacement (we may charge you for repeat requests).
To order a larger bin, one of the following must apply to you:
- There are more than six people living in your home
- You have two or more children in full-time nappies living at home with you
- You have a medical need
If you move, you must leave your rubbish bin or RRB at your old home.
If you have a larger rubbish bin which we've allocated to you instead of to your home, you must take this with you when you move. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 394041 to let us know your new address.
You can also contact us if you have a query about your bin allocation.