Midland Road, Bath, BA1 3AT
(Off Upper Bristol Road.)
|Monday to Friday||8am to 4.15pm|
|Saturday||9am to 3.45pm|
|Sunday||9am to 1pm|
|Bank holidays||8am to 3.45pm|
This recycling centre is closed on Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).
Before you arrive
Bringing paint to the recycling centre
Water-based emulsion paint
Only bring empty water-based emulsion paint containers (plastic or metal), or ones with hardened water-based emulsion paint inside to our recycling centres. We cannot take any tins that still have liquid emulsion paint in them (add sawdust, sand or soil to the container, or buy a paint hardener and leave the lid off until the paint becomes solid and dry).
Solvent based paint, paint thinner, stripper, toxic paints and white spirit
Solvent based paint, paint thinner, stripper, toxic paints and white spirit can be brought in full or partially full, and placed in our hazardous waste area for specialist disposal.
Bringing building materials to the recycling centre
You must book an appointment online before your visit, or you will be turned away. You should also do the following:
- Check you have a valid permit if your vehicle requires one
- Sort and group your items together so you can unload quickly
- Don't come any earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment (you may have to return at your stated appointment time)
- Don't arrive late, as you may not be able to enter
Other things to be aware of
Please also take note of the following:
- There is no pedestrian access.
- Staff will not be able to help you remove or lift items from your vehicle (due to social distancing).
- Continue to follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a 2m distance between yourself and staff or any other members of the public. Anyone not following social distancing rules will be asked to leave. We will only remain open while it is safe to do so. If anyone acts in an irresponsible manner, we may have to close or change the way we work.
The permit system for vans and trailers is still in place. You will need one before you visit the recycling centre. Please visit our main recycling centre permits, charges and regulations for more details.
You can visit our recycling centres using a bicycle without a booking, but please be prepared to queue and socially distance. We encourage you to make full use of your kerbside collections before bringing items to our recycling centres on a bicycle, as they are still very busy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Book an appointment to visit the recycling centre
You can only book four appointments per week (Monday to Sunday). Demand for appointments is high, so please be patient if you can't get a slot straight away. We're trying to ensure as many people as possible can safely visit the recycling centre.
When you book an appointment online you will need to enter the registration of the vehicle you will be bringing to the recycling centre. If you bring a different vehicle, we will turn you away. Once booked, you should receive a confirmation email of your appointment time - please bring this with you (if available).
Items for recycling
For a list of individual items and where to recycle them (including items for recycling centres), please see our recycling A-Z page.
What we do with your items
We collect items which can be reused for charities and sale days. We use the money made from sale days to fund and develop reuse and recycling activities at our recycling centres, to try to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.