You can report a missed rubbish, recycling or garden waste collection online.
Before you report it
If your whole street has been missed, please check our
current collection problems page first to see if we are aware of a problem.
Report a missed bin collection
You must tell us if we have not collected your rubbish, recycling or garden waste by the end of the next working day (but wait until after 5pm on your collection day). We will only return to collect bins we have missed for the following reasons.
- Missing your entire road
- Agreeing to collect your bins from your doorstep, for example, but don't
- Missing your recycling or garden waste (when it is operationally possible to return and empty them)
Even if we are unable to return for your missed rubbish, report it anyway so we are aware of the problem.
Report a missed business waste or recycling collection
You must tell us if we have not collected your business waste or recycling by 5.30pm the next working day.
Please also take note of the following:
- waste should be out on the day of the collection at the agreed collection point and time (if we agree a time with you)
- waste should be in a container provided by us (a wheelie bin, prepaid purple sack or clear recycling sack), or in a bundle of card with a yellow recycling sticker attached
- the bin lid should be closed
- sacks should not be overfilled or split
- stickered card should meet the collection criteria (one sticker per bundle of cardboard, flat packed into a cardboard box or a similar sized bundle tied with string, and maximum weight of 5 kilos)
Report a missed clinical waste collection
We usually collect clinical waste on Thursdays. If we have missed your separate clinical waste collection, please report this online. We will then collect it from your collection point on your next scheduled day. We are unable to return immediately for missed clinical waste collections.
Re-book a sharps collection
We usually collect sharps on Wednesdays. If we have missed a collection, please re-book this online. We are unable to return immediately for missed sharps collections.