We want to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians using Beckford Road and North Road in Bath. The proposed improvements will provide a safer route for people travelling between the city centre and the University of Bath.
We plan to encourage more active and environmentally friendly travel, and change the character of the route in the following ways:
- Creating cycle lanes which are separated from other road traffic, including buses
- Introducing a 'bus gate' which will restrict through-traffic on North Road
- Resurfacing pedestrian footways, and providing separate cycle and footpaths
- Removing on-street parking on Beckford Road
- A new signal crossing and improvements to junctions to make them safer to cross
- Redesigning a bus stop
Instructions on how to use our mapping tool
- Google satellite images of the current road layout and markings
- Plan drawings of the changes we are proposing
You can see in detail what we're proposing, and have your say on our plans, in the following pages.