A cleaner and quieter local neighbourhood
Reducing the impact of motor traffic
The scheme should change the character of Beckford and North Road. We aim to restrict where motor traffic can go, and encourage more people to travel by bike, resulting in less congestion and better air quality in your neighbourhood.
Improvements for pedestrians should also mean better road safety, improved accessibility for buggies and wheelchair users, and reduced traffic noise.
Road space for parking
It will be necessary to remove on-street parking along Beckford Road where the cycle lane is proposed. This would mean removing 20 spaces between Forrester Road and Beckford Gardens and a time-limited parking bay near the railway bridge which can accommodate 8 cars.
If the scheme goes ahead, we propose to provide alternative parking as follows:
- We will remove double yellow lines in Forrester Road to free up parking for 4 cars with Zone 10 permits.
- In Warminster Road, we will provide a time limited parking bay to accommodate 5 cars
- In North Road there will be a time limited parking bay for 3 cars.
Instructions on how to use our mapping tool
- Google satellite images of the current road layout and markings
- Plan drawings of the changes we are proposing