We know some of you plan events in B&NES all the time, and already know what you need to do. To make things easier for you, we've put all the downloadable forms and guidance you need in one place.
- See our dedicated COVID-19 safety page for the latest resources
- Guidance on managing crowds safely - HSE
- Guidance on crowded places - National Counter Terrorism Security
- A guide to safety for firework display organisers - HSE guidance
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has produced guidance on the use of food at events
- The Purple Guide - written by The Events Industry Forum in consultation with the events industry. The guide aims to help those who organise music or similar events, so that the events can run safely.
- Risk assessment guidance - B&NES Council
- Risk management guidance - HSE
- Fire safety risk assessment - Open air venues - Home Office
Safeguarding and well-being
Environmental impact and sustainability
- Guidance notes on noise control for concerts and outdoor venues - B&NES Council
- Guide to tackling plastic at your event - Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA)
- Equalities Act 2010 - guidance for service providers - Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Advice on how to improve accessibility to live events - Attitude is Everything