Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Care and Support Charging and Financial Assessment Framework

11.4 Making an application for a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA)

Once your financial representative has obtained the power to act on your behalf, usually by being appointed a deputy, they will need to notify the Care Finance Officer immediately and provide evidence accordingly. If your financial representative is now able to access sufficient funds on your behalf to settle the outstanding debt, then they should arrange to do so without delay.

Where your funds are within your property capital and your financial representative is not able to settle the outstanding debt, your financial representative may consider making an application to the Council for a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA). This should be done as soon as possible. The balance of your accrued charges will usually be transferred into your DPA. Read our Deferred Payment Agreement policy for more information.