Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Care and Support Charging and Financial Assessment Framework

13. Funding agreement

The Council is responsible for public funds and therefore must ensure spending is equitable. The Council has a process for the approval of funding. In certain circumstances before the Council can agree funding you will be required to obtain the agreement from a senior manager or Panel.

Your Social Worker will advise you if you need to take any request to Panel. The list below is examples of circumstances where Panel approval will be required (this list is not exhaustive):

  • The cost of the accommodation requested is above the usual Local Authority payment rate
  • The accommodation costs are to be paid by a first party top-up
  • The level of the care package is above the personal budget amount identified

The Social Worker will inform you of their managers or the panel’s decision in writing.

If you do not agree with the Councils decision, please go to the appeals section.