A cleaner and quieter local neighbourhood
Reducing the impact of motor traffic
The scheme should change the character of Upper Bristol Road. We aim to encourage more people to travel by bike, resulting in less congestion and better air quality in your neighbourhood. Motor traffic will be travelling at a slower speed, improving the safety of the road, and reducing road noise.
Parking and waiting
Our proposals include a ban on loading and unloading in on Upper Bristol Road in the morning and afternoon peak periods, to help keep traffic flowing.
If the scheme goes ahead, it will be necessary to remove 40 on-street parking spaces along the section of Upper Bristol Road where the cycle lanes are proposed. These space would be re-provided in the following ways:
- creating 19 additional spaces within zone 6 by removal of single and double yellow lines
- converting 14 shared use bays in Marlborough Lane to residents’ only
- converting 12 Pay and Display bays in Royal Avenue to residents’ only
- proposals to change how hotel, guest house and holiday let permits operate which will remove competition for on-street residents permits spaces by moving these users into Charlotte Street car park. There are currently 41 such permits in Zone 6.
Instructions on how to use our mapping tool
- Google satellite images of the current road layout and markings
- Plan drawings of the changes we are proposing