We all know that sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens we need to know so we can put it right, and learn from what you say.
Before you make a complaint
Before you make a complaint, you could try one of the following services first:
- Challenge a parking fine
- Challenge a Clean Air Zone fine
- Report a street problem
- Report a faulty street light
- Report litter or a street cleansing issue
- Report a missed bin collection
What can you complain about?
The types of things that we would expect to receive complaints about are:
- if we fail to respond to a routine service request or don't act in time
- if you receive inadequate or unsatisfactory service
- if we fail to follow policies, rules or procedures
- if you experience any discrimination, harassment or unhelpful behaviour from staff
- if we give you any inaccurate or misleading information.
Who can make a complaint?
Anyone can make a complaint about the service that we provide.
What do you need to tell us?
When you make a complaint we will ask you for:
- details of the complaint you wish to make
- what you would like us to do to make things right
- copies of any documents you have supporting your complaint
- your contact details so that we can respond to you
- details on any accessibility needs you might have (for example, if you use an induction loop, or need a translator or interpreter).
Please provide as much information as possible about your complaint.
Make your complaint online
You can make a complaint using our online form.
Other ways you can complain
You can also make a complaint by calling us on 01225 394041
What happens after you complain?
We will acknowledge your complaint with a case reference number within five working days. We will provide a full response within fifteen working days. If we need more time to respond, we will contact you to tell you when you can expect a full reply. We will also tell you what you can do if you are not happy with how your complaint was handled when we respond to you.