The consultation documents consist of two parts which we are inviting you to comment on: the changes to the Local Plan, and the maps which show where these proposed changes would apply.
There are also a large number of supporting documents, which we are providing to help explain the context of the policy updates. However, these documents are for information only, and we aren't inviting any comments on them.
Select a topic below to view the documents list.
These are the key components of the Draft Plan, and the items that we are inviting you to comment on:
Schedule of changes to the Local Plan
This includes the Composite Plan, which shows changes incorporated into the relevant volumes of the Local Plan
Use our interactive mapping system to zoom in and out to view our district, and to display any policy, or combination of the policies which are part of this Local Plan Partial Update:
These documents are for information only, to support the core documents above and more fully explain the update and the consultation process. We are not inviting you to comment on these documents.
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report
- Habitat Regulations Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Duty to Co-operate Statement
- Duty to Co-operate Note and Statement of Common Ground (four separate documents, with Wiltshire, South Gloucestershire, Mendip and Somerset)
These topic papers provide background information to help to explain the different policies within the Plan and the changes we are proposing. We are providing them for information only, and are not inviting you to comment on them.
- Flood Risk Sequential Test
- Student Numbers
- Housing Supply
- Green Belt village infill boundary (methodology)
- Park & Ride Green Belt exceptional circumstances
- HMO (houses in multiple occupation
- Sustainable construction / zero carbon
These technical documents show the evidence we have used to update our policies within the Plan. We are providing them for information only, and are not inviting you to comment on them.
- HELAA (Interactive Map and Document)
- Housing Trajectory
- Draft interim Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (JSP)
- Viability Assessment
- Retail Study Update
- Somer Valley Enterprise Zone Retail Assessment
- Transport Midsomer Norton Parking Review
- Transport Technical note for Keynsham
- Green Belt assessments (P&R)
- Zero Carbon
- Embodied Carbon
- Landscape Character Appraisal
- Landscape Potential Assessment for Wind and Solar
How to access and study the documents
The documents are all in PDF format. You can choose to download them, print them or view them online. Please note that many documents are very large. You may wish to avoid downloading them, if on a mobile device. You will save resources, and may find it easier, to read them on-screen rather than printing them.
We have worked hard to make these documents as accessible as possible, but some issues may still remain. If you would like to request an alternative format copy of any document, or part of a document, please email our Planning Policy team at: email@example.com