Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Care and Support Charging and Financial Assessment Framework

10.4 Renting out your property

If you wish to rent out your property while you have a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA) you should seek independent financial and legal advice. This is a decision for you to make.

If you are applying for a DPA and are proposing a letting arrangement, you must let us know either by telling the Care Finance Officer when they carry out your financial assessment or by letter. Any tenancy agreement must be for 6 months or less.

If your property is already let you must provide the Care Finance Officer with a copy of the tenancy agreement. Any tenancy agreement must be for 6 months or less.

The Council will include your net rental income as part of your assessed weekly charge for your care and support. Your net rental income will be the amount after the agent’s fees, any liability to taxation and reasonable maintenance expenses.

You must make sure your property insurance is appropriate to a letting arrangement.