Why are we consulting
We would like your views on the Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) that are required to implement the proposed scheme outlined in the previous sections.
There are five TROs, covering five aspects of the scheme:
- Creating cycle lanes
- Reducing the 30mph speed limit to 20mph
- Changes to parking and loading restrictions
- Adding speed humps
- Creating a new pedestrian crossing
We would also like your views on the proposals for the following:
- Continuous footways across side road junctions
- The removal of the existing Pelican Crossing west of the junction with Nile Street, which has come to the end of its serviceable life, and replacing it with a Parallel Zebra Crossing to the east of the junction
What we are consulting on
We are asking if you support or object to the proposed Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO), and for any other comments you may have about them.
Who we are consulting
We are inviting local residents, businesses and the general public to tell us whether they support or object to the TROs which are required for us to implement the proposals.
How to respond to the consultation
What happens next
This consultation will be open until 5pm on 4 January 2022. After it has closed, we'll publish the results on our website.
We’ll produce a report which will summarise the responses we receive and this will be discussed with local councillors and the Cabinet Member for Sustainable Transport. The Director of Place Management will then make a final decision about whether the scheme goes ahead, after considering the comments received.
The report will be published on our website, together with the decision and we will write to all households and businesses fronting the section of the road directly affected by the proposals.
View the project timeline, for an overview of how we expect the project to progress.