We want to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians using the A4 Upper Bristol Road in Bath. The proposed improvements for this phase will be between the junctions with Charlotte Street and Midland Road.
We plan to encourage more active and environmentally friendly travel, and change the character of the road in the following ways:
- Creating cycle lanes which are separated from other road traffic, including buses
- Reducing the speed limit to 20mph
- Improving pedestrian crossings
- Moving most on-street parking to nearby areas
- Improving junctions to make them safer for pedestrians to cross
- Redesigning bus stops
- Creating new cycle parking facilities
In the following pages, you can see in detail what we're proposing and have your say on the proposed Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) which will implement these changes.