All planning applications are subject to a set of National requirements (GOV.UK)
In addition to the national requirements (above), this type of application also requires that you may need to submit the following:
- Biodiversity and Geological Conservation Assessment - Where work is proposed to certain areas of a building (such as vaults or the roof space) it may be necessary to submit a protected species survey with your application. If this may apply to your application you are advised to contact the councils ecologist to discuss the matter.
- Heritage Statement (including historical, archaeological features and Scheduled Ancient Monuments)
- When work is proposed to alter or install small scale architectural features or details including doors, windows, panelling, plasterwork, staircases and fireplaces scale elevations at 1:10 or 1:20 and sections at a legible scale of 1:1, 1:2 or 1:5 to be submitted showing the proposals.
- Stone cleaning survey - Any proposal to carry out stone cleaning and or/removal of paint should be accompanied by a pre-cleaning survey and full details of the proposed cleaning method.
- Structural survey or report should accompany any application where the work proposed has implications for the structural integrity of the listed building or work is proposed to address possible structural problems with the listed building.
We strongly advise using a planning agent to assist you with your planning application.