Report road damage or obstructions using our online form.
View a list of all the roads and streets within Bath and North East Somerset. This list also shows which roads and streets are publicly or privately maintained.
All electrical highway equipment is maintained by Highway Electrical.
What you can report
Report any of the following topics to us online.
Report poor road surfaces, sunken patches and potholes.
Report potholes in roads that are at least 40mm deep.
Manholes and drains are emptied and cleansed as part of our yearly maintenance programme, but you can report to us if they are broken, collapsed or missing.
Report faded road markings and new road marking requests to us.
Report the following road or street obstructions to us:
- Significant spillage of oil or fuel
- Excess mud and debris (including an exact description of the obstruction and where it is, to Council Connect for a Highway Inspection)
- Encroachment of the highway (where somebody unlawfully assumes ownership of parts of a road - we have legal powers to enforce their removal)
- Unauthorised signage (placing an illegal sign is an encroachment of the highway)
- Discharging or gushing water
- Manhole Covers - If a manhole cover is causing an obstruction, collapsing, missing or dropped into its hole, and so is a danger, this should be reported immediately to Council Connect. The majority of manhole covers are not Bath & North East Somerset Council's responsibility; however we will inspect and pass to the relevant utility company for repair.
- Overhanging vegetation
Fallen trees and branches
Let us know if a tree or branch has fallen down and is obstructing a road, street or pavement.
If a tree has fallen into a telephone line, contact BT on 0800 800 151
If a tree has fallen into a power line, contact Western Power Distribution on 0800 365 900
Before you report it
Report an overhanging tree, plant or hedge on our website.
Using our website to report issues
- Drains and flooding
- Public spaces and parks
- Roads and pavements
- Rubbish and environment
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Location of the issue
- A summary of the issue