Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Report road damage or obstructions

Report road damage or obstructions using our online form.

View a list of all the roads and streets within Bath and North East Somerset. This list also shows which roads and streets are publicly or privately maintained. 

All electrical highway equipment is maintained by Highway Electrical.

What you can report

Report any of the following topics to us online. 

Potholes and damaged road surface

Report poor road surfaces, sunken patches and potholes.


Report potholes in roads that are at least 40mm deep.

Manhole and drain cover damage

Manholes and drains are emptied and cleansed as part of our yearly maintenance programme, but you can report to us if they are broken, collapsed or missing.

Faded or new road markings

Report faded road markings and new road marking requests to us.

Obstruction on road or pavement

Report the following road or street obstructions to us:

  • Significant spillage of oil or fuel
  • Excess mud and debris (including an exact description of the obstruction and where it is, to Council Connect for a Highway Inspection)
  • Encroachment of the highway (where somebody unlawfully assumes ownership of parts of a road - we have legal powers to enforce their removal)
  • Unauthorised signage (placing an illegal sign is an encroachment of the highway)
  • Discharging or gushing water
  • Manhole Covers - If a manhole cover is causing an obstruction, collapsing, missing or dropped into its hole, and so is a danger, this should be reported immediately to Council Connect. The majority of manhole covers are not Bath & North East Somerset Council's responsibility; however we will inspect and pass to the relevant utility company for repair.
  • Overhanging vegetation

Fallen trees and branches

Let us know if a tree or branch has fallen down and is obstructing a road, street or pavement.

If a tree has fallen into a telephone line, contact BT on 0800 800 151

If a tree has fallen into a power line, contact Western Power Distribution on 0800 365 900

Before you report it

Report an overhanging tree, plant or hedge on our website.

Using our website to report issues
You will need to provide a location of the issue (post code or town) and then select the relevant category:


  • Drains and flooding
  • Public spaces and parks
  • Roads and pavements
  • Rubbish and environment

You will need to provide the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your email address
  • Location of the issue
  • A summary of the issue

Report it online