Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Report an infestation of vermin on someone else's land

Use this page to make a complaint about an infestation of rats or mice on someone else's land in Bath and North East Somerset.

We can investigate:

  • Land that is infested with rats and mice
  • Waste on private land that is attracting vermin

We will not investigate bait on public land, or complaints where you do not know the source of the infestation.

If you want to report littering, issues with bin collections, fly-tipping or similar, you can do this online through our report a problem with rubbish webpages.

Before you report it 

It’s always a good idea to try and resolve problems informally. Try and talk to the person responsible for the rubbish accumulation, they may not be aware that they are causing a problem. 

If this doesn't resolve the problem or you can't talk to the person responsible, you can report it to us.

Before you report a potential infestation, you will need the following information:

  • Your name, address, telephone number and email address
  • The address you are complaining about and the exact location of the rubbish or waste
  • Whether the problem property is occupied or empty
  • What the rubbish or waste consists of

We will not investigate anonymous complaints.

Report it

You can report a vermin infestation problem on someone else's land using our online form.

Report it

Next steps

After you have reported the vermin infestation problem to us, we will contact you within two working days to discuss the problem.

If a formal complaint is necessary, we will inspect the alleged problem property to assess if there is a food source encouraging vermin, or if the vermin have created nests.