WarningCall 999 if there is an immediate risk to life.
Emergencies you can report to us
- Fallen trees across pavements or roads
- Broken glass across pavements or roads
- Used syringes
- Road traffic collisions
- Unsafe buildings
- Flooding (see our flooding page for further details)
If any of these examples pose an immediate risk to your personal or public safety, please call us on 01225 39 40 41 and select option 9 (our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm, and Fridays, 8.30am to 4pm), or call 01225 47 74 77 (evenings, weekends and bank holidays).
Report other issues or concerns through our report it pages
What will happen next?
We will ask you for the following information, record the details of the emergency and initiate a response, if appropriate:
- The exact nature of the problem
- Location of the problem (including road name and numbers and any identifying landmark)
- Contact details (in case we need to call back for further information)
- What response the caller would like to see
If the situation is seen as a non-emergency, it may not be addressed until the next working day.