Planning application - local requirement
When the requirement applies
The requirement applies to all major developments inside or adjacent to an AQMA (Air Quality Management Area) (Major applications are developments of 10 or more dwellings, residential sites of 0.5 ha or more, and other buildings with a floor space of 1,000m2 or on sites of 1 ha or more, and all waste applications).
What the assessment should include
This assessment should consist of a report indicating the change in air quality which will result from the proposed development, and outlining appropriate mitigation measures as necessary.
The content of an air quality assessment will vary depending on the nature of the proposed development. However, as a minimum it should include the following information:
- Relevant details of the proposed development
- Description of the relevant air quality standards and objectives
- Details of the assessment method
- Results of the modelling assessment
- Summary of the assessment results