The Bath Liveable Neighbourhoods (Bath LN) programme aims to enhance residential streets and promote safe, active, and sustainable modes of transportation like walking, wheeling, and cycling. Typical improvements include improved crossings on busy roads and walk-to-school routes, wider footways for easier mobility, better cycle lanes and secure bike storage, pleasant outdoor spaces for relaxation and socializing, and traffic-calming measures such as speed cushions, one-way streets, and raised 'buildouts'. Additionally, through-traffic restrictions may be implemented to reduce excessive use of residential roads by motorists seeking shortcuts.
- What is a Liveable Neighbourhood?
- Approach to developing Liveable Neighbourhoods
- Your Liveable Neighbourhoods
- Co-design workshops
- Through-traffic restriction trials
- Liveable Neighbourhoods consultations
- Project development timeline (2022/23)
- Residents' Parking Zones (RPZs)
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Read past editions of our newsletter