Use this page to find out about the Keynsham Memorial Park improvement project, what we have done so far and our future plans for the space.
We have been working to enhance and better manage Keynsham Memorial Park as a space for everyone, as part of our improvement project for the park.
We ran a public consultation in Spring 2022 to gather information about issues currently experienced at the park and to identify priorities for future improvement. We published a feedback report following the consultation.
We also held a series of meetings with key stakeholder groups, as well as a drop-in session held at the park to gather further information from the public.
Based on the feedback received, we will focus efforts on the following improvments:
High priority improvements
- Address localised flooding under Echo Bridge and other immediate access issues
- Replace the closed footbridge (currently scheduled to commence in Spring 2023)
Long term improvements
- Explore options for provision of indoor or covered cafe space
- Explore options for wider access improvements throughout the park
- Improve the natural landscape and biodiversity in the park
- Improve play facilities for all ages