We are asking existing and emerging artists to share their opinions on the current and future requirements of artists’ workspaces in Bath.
We will use your feedback to help us develop a design plan for a Creative Quarter. The insights we gather will inform the future of creative workspace provision across the city.
We know that creative workspace in Bath is in short supply. To address this, we are considering developing a Creative Quarter for Bath. The proposed Creative Quarter would be a walkable neighbourhood, centred around the Bath Spa University Locksbrook Campus.
We hope that this proposed Creative Quarter would:
- Provide a new home for creative industry
- Improve access to education
- Create employment and cultural programming opportunities
- Develop community skills and support
- Extend access to creative spaces to harder-to-reach, deprived neighbourhoods
- Ease the transition from education to employment for creative graduates
- Encourage creatives to share space, resources and knowledge
- Help creatives flourish and contribute to the local economy
We want to make sure that you are involved in the decisions that affect you, giving local creative communities the opportunity to shape the future of the creative industry in our area.
Why we are consulting
We would like to hear from existing and emerging artists across Bath about the provision of creative workspaces. We would like you to share your opinions on the current provisions and the future requirements of the art community in Bath.
We will analyse the feedback from this survey and use it to inform the future development of creative workspace provision across the city.
Who we are asking
This survey is open to the local creative community and anyone with an interest in the creative arts sector.
We would particularly like to hear from artists (established or emerging), graduates or students, cultural organisations, hobby artists and curators.
We will be holding a workshop event in Bath on Monday 11 September. Please complete the survey below to sign-up if you would like to attend.
Have your say
You can have your say by responding to our online questionnaire. It should take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
What happens next
We are in the early stages of developing a solution to the necessary creative workspace required in Bath.
The timeline below shows the anticipated lifecycle of this project:
- August 2023: We launch the Creative Workspace survey
- September 2023: We will hold a workshop about artist's creative workspaces
- October 2023: We will analyse the feedback collected during this survey
- Winter 2023: We will use the survey feedback to help us develop a masterplan