There are three ways you can vote:
- In person at your local polling station
- By post
- By asking someone you trust to vote on your behalf (by proxy)
Different conditions and restrictions may apply, depending on your voting method. Use these pages to find out which methods are available to you, and what you'll need to do.
Deadlines for 4 May local elections
Warning Make sure you meet the registration and application deadlines below, so you can vote by your chosen method in the next local elections.
- Register to vote (if not already registered) by 17 April
- Apply for a postal vote by 5pm, 18 April
- Apply for a proxy vote by 5pm, 25 April