Admission and opening times
There is no admission charge. Royal Victoria Park is open at all times.
Facilities and features
- BBQ picnic table areas
- Botanical Gardens
- Bowling greens
- Cafe (open throughout the year 8am to 5pm)
- Children’s play area
- Crazy golf
- Duck ponds
- Flower gardens (near Brock Street)
- Great Dell aerial walkway
- Obelisk dedicated to Queen Victoria
- Public Toilets (20p entry) in the play area and at Charlotte Street Car Park
- Skateboard park (redesigned in 2015)
- Tennis courts
- War memorial
- Wild meadows
Two designated barbecue areas have been created featuring specially-modified picnic tables with facilities for disposable barbecues.
The areas also include bespoke heat-proof bins for disposing of metal barbecues safely.
The designated areas are at Grenadier Grove (next to the Botanical Gardens) and near the duck ponds, and can be found on maps around the park. Barbecues must only be used in the designated areas and people using them elsewhere in the park will be asked to extinguish them.
Users are also reminded to dispose of their BBQs and other rubbish properly and ensure that children and pets are supervised at all times in these areas.
Please note that BBQs are still prohibited in other parks throughout Bath and North East Somerset.
View children's play area equipment and facilities
- Bouncy castle (weather dependent and fee required)
- Carousel (weather dependent and fee required)
- Climbing net dome and climbing wall
- Double aerial runway
- Inclusive seat swings
- Junior multi-play unit
- Picnic table
- Playforce multi-play unit
- Sand play area excavators
- Spring seesaw
- Table tennis
- Toddler multi-play unit
- Tube slide
- Tyre climbing bank
- Viper swing
Site access details
Opposite Cow Lane
Near Weston Road exit
Open perimeter around the green
Accessible for wheelchair users, large slightly sloped green area
On-road pay and display parking (free for up to 1 hour)
Closest car park, Charlotte Street (3 min walk)
Good Public Transport links from Bath Bus Station and Newbridge Park & Ride to Upper Bristol Road (200m)
20 min walk from Bath Bus Station and Bath Train Station