We have been working to enhance and better manage Sulis Meadows, also known as Ridge Green Close Play Area, as part of our improvement project for the park.
Use this page to find out about the improvement project, what we have done so far and our future plans for the space.
Following feedback from our public consultation, we have planned several improvements for the park:
- Improving the entrance at Combe Hay Lane by repairing the stone wall and reconfiguring the gate so that it is more welcoming and accessible for pedestrians.
- Resurfacing the footpath on the west of the site where it runs parallel with St Gregory’s School, making this a more useable walking route at all times of year.
- Removing the play equipment, reconfiguring the entrance and installing a small multi-use games area aimed at older children
- Improving ground conditions at entrances with areas of hardstanding or free-draining gravel.
- Installing a small number of benches to improve accessibility in the park