Who are we consulting and why?
We are consulting the public on how we organise admission processes in the schools we are responsible for.
We are publishing details of the proposed admission arrangements and admission numbers for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools only, as we are the admission authority for these schools. We're also consulting on the proposed schemes for co-ordination of admissions to all maintained schools and academies for the 2022 to 2023 school year.
We are particularly keen to hear from the following people or groups, who may be directly affected by these arrangements:
- Parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen in Bath & North East Somerset
- Head Teachers and Chairs of Governors of all mainstream schools and Academies in Bath & North East Somerset
- Neighbouring Local Authorities
- The Diocese of Bath and Wells and the Clifton Diocese
- Bath & North East Somerset Councillors
What are we consulting on?
We are consulting on the proposals below:
- Co-ordinated Primary Admissions Scheme
- Primary Admissions Criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
- Co-ordinated Secondary Admissions Scheme
- In-Year Admissions Scheme
- Random Allocation Procedure
- School Admission Numbers
How to take part
You can respond to the consultation proposals between 11 December 2020 and 31 January 2021.
Please send your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer, you can write to us at:
- The Admissions and Transport Unit
- Bath & North East Somerset Council
- Lewis House
- Manvers Street
- Bath BA1 1JG
What happens next?
Following the consultation period, we will consider all responses, and determine our final admission arrangements by 28 February 2021. We will publish these on this website by 15 March 2021.
If you are unhappy with the determined admission arrangements we publish on 15 March, you can make a formal objection to the Office of the School Adjudicator.
If a school you are interested in is not included in all of these proposals
We are only publishing details of the proposed admission arrangements and admission numbers for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools, as we are the admission authority for these schools.
If you are interested in a Voluntary Aided School or Academy, the admission authority will be the school Governors or the Academy Trust. Please consult with the websites of these schools to find their proposals for admission arrangements, and details of any consultations they are holding on these proposals.
If you have comments on their proposals, you should send them to the school concerned, for the attention of the Headteacher and/or Chair of Governors.