Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

You are here

  1. Home

Report an issue with a neighbouring HMO

Use this page to report an issue with a neighbouring house in multiple occupation (HMO), such as anti-social behaviour or garden mess.

You can report:

  • An overgrown garden
  • Rubbish or litter within a garden
  • Noise and/or anti-social behaviour from the HMO tenants

Before you report it

Before reporting the issue, you could try and talk to the occupiers of the property. They may not know that they are causing a problem.

If talking to the occupiers doesn't resolve the issue or you don't feel safe talking to them, there are other steps you can take.

If students occupy the property, you can email the Student Community Partnership's community liaison officer by email at Someone will try to visit the property and talk to students about their behaviour.

You can also contact the licence holder and manager of the property directly, regardless of whether students or professionals occupy the HMO. You can find the landlord’s and manager’s details on the Public Register, if the property is a licensed HMO.

There are other teams that can help with anti-social behaviour or rubbish left out on the street:

Report it

If the issue continues after you have contacted the tenants, the landlord or the property manager, you can report it to us.

You should include the following information when you make a report:

  • A description of the incident
  • The address of the HMO

Report it

Next steps

After you have reported the issue to us, we will contact you within five working days to discuss the problem.