Have your say on an action plan to regenerate Radstock town centre.
We have successfully bid for £750,000 funding from the West of England Combined Authority’s (WECA's) Housing and Regeneration Enabling Fund, to create regeneration plans and masterplans for four town centres in Bath and North East Somerset, working in partnership with residents, landowners, businesses and other stakeholders.
This project forms part of our wider High Street renewal plans to protect and renew our High Streets.
Details of this engagement
The first plan will be for Radstock, and we are developing this in partnership with Radstock Town Council.
This plan aims to identify opportunities for improvements, to increase the vitality and viability of Radstock town centre, and could include the following things:
- Community events and markets
- Improving public spaces
- Supporting employment and upskilling in the town centre
- Bringing vacant buildings and shops back into active use
- Increasing tourism and footfall in the town
- Assisting community organisations in the town to find new premises which meet their needs
The renewal of the high street and making the most of Radstock’s heritage assets, such as its historical buildings, will also create potential for increased tourism and footfall in the town, supporting local trade.
We're asking you now for your feedback on this plan.
Who can have a say
Residents and businesses in the area can have their say on this engagement.
Have your say
Have your say at one of our drop-in events or online.
Attend a public discussion event
We will be holding a number of events, to give you an opportunity to discuss any ideas or concerns you have.
- 7 September 2022, 5.30pm to 6.30pm, Radstock Community and Library Hub, Radstock, BA3 3PR
For any interested parties
- 1 October 2022, 10am to 1pm, Radstock Community and Library Hub, Radstock, BA3 3PR
- 4 October 2022, 10am to 1pm, outside the Post Office, The Street, Radstock
You can also have your say online on the Radstock Town Council website. The online survey will be open from 5 September 2022 to 14 October 2022.