You can pay your council invoice online, by phone or in person at one of our One Stop Shops.
To pay your council invoice, you will need your reference number which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill
Payment can be made using most credit and debit cards. Unfortunately we are not able to accept American Express.
Other ways of paying
Pay by bank transfer
You can use a bank transfer (BACS) to send us a single payment.
To do this, you will need our bank details
- Bank: National Westminster Bank, City of Bath Branch, 24-25 Stall Street, Bath BA1 1TG
- Sort Code: 56 00 34
- Account Number: 57134464
- Account Name: Bath & North East Somerset Council
Please quote your invoice number as shown on the front of your bill on ALL payments. To ensure payments are allocated correctly, please send all remittance advices to email@example.com.
You can pay your council invoice by calling the automated payments line on 0845 372 3501, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments can only be made by all major credit and debit cards.
Calls to this number cost 3p per minute plus your telephone providers access charge.
Please note, self-service payment kiosks are available for cash, debit and credit card payments, but these machines are unable to accept £50 notes.
Automatic receipts are provided for payments.
Pay by post
Send us a cheque
- You should make cheques payable to Bath & North East Somerset Council.
- Write your name, address and account number on the back of your cheque.
- Send it to the address given on your bill or invoice.
It can take several days to process cheques, so allow plenty of time for your payment to be credited to your account.