You can pay your business rates in a number of ways.
To pay your business rates online you will need:
- your business rate account number
- your company name, trading name or surname
Payment can be made using most credit and debit cards. Unfortunately we are not able to accept American Express.
Pay by Direct Debit
This is a simple, safe and speedy way to pay your business rates.
Direct Debit is Bath & North East Somerset Council's preferred method of payment. If you currently pay by any other method and wish to change to Direct Debit, please use our online Business Rates portal.
Other ways of paying
Pay by bank transfer
You can use a bank transfer (BACS) to send us a single payment for any amount, or to set up a regular standing order to pay your bill by instalments.
To do this, you will need our bank details
- Bank: National Westminster Bank, Old Bank Branch
- Sort Code: 56 00 34
- Account Number: 57134510
- Account Name: Bath & North East Somerset Council
To ensure payments are allocated correctly, please send all remittance advices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote your business rates account number as the payment reference. If you do not quote this number, your payment may not reach your account.
Call the automated payments line on 0300 456 0632, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Payments can only be made by all major credit and debit cards.
Calls to this number cost 3p per minute plus your telephone providers access charge.
Pay by post
Send us a cheque
- You should make cheques payable to Bath & North East Somerset Council.
- Write your name, address and account number on the back of your cheque.
- Send it to the address given on your bill or invoice.
It can take several days to process cheques, so allow plenty of time for your payment to be credited to your account.