Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

You are here

  1. Home

Giving Notice

If you wish to get married or enter into a civil partnership, you must sign a legal statement at your local register office to say you intend to get married or form a civil partnership. This is known as ‘giving notice’.

Giving notice fees
Circumstance Amount
Marriages and Civil Partnerships £35.00 per person


Additional fees that may apply when you give notice
Circumstance Amount
If one or both are subject to immigration control £47.00 per person
Consideration of foreign divorce documents
(where the divorce can be considered locally)
This fee rises to £75 if the divorce needs to be referred to the General Register Office £75