We recognise that we have an important role to play in tackling the Ecological Emergency and supporting others to act.
Our Ecological Emergency Action Plan sets out what actions we are taking and plan to take to tackle the Ecological Emergency and become a nature-positive organisation by 2030. It focuses on actions that we believe will make the biggest impact, whilst being realistic and achievable.
Our Action Plan
This is a live Action Plan that we will update as progress is made, further evidence comes to light, and new opportunities arise.
We will update this plan every year, as we recognise the importance of reporting progress.
Our actions follow the following themes:
- Mainstreaming nature recovery in leadership and decision-making
- Increasing the extent of land and waterways managed positively for nature
- Increasing investment into nature-based solutions and wildlife-friendly interventions
- Increasing the abundance and distribution of key species across B&NES
- Enabling more people to access and engage with nature
- Improving our evidence base and monitoring
- Working in partnership