Corporate Strategy 2023-2027
Adopted July 2023
The Corporate Strategy is the Council’s overarching strategic plan. We adopted the Corporate Strategy 2023-2027 on 20 July 2023.
This builds on our previous strategy, adopted in 2020, retaining our purpose, values, core policies and principles, whilst also introducing an extended outcomes framework to further refine our priorities.
We have one overriding purpose – to improve people’s lives. This brings together everything we do, from cleaning the streets to caring for our older people. It continues to be the foundation for our strategy and ensures that it drives our commitments, spending and service delivery.
Our core policies
We have two core policies – tackling the climate and nature emergency and giving people a bigger say. These will shape our work and we have expanded these policies with the following ambitions:
- To lead the UK in climate and nature action, building a sustainable future for Bath and North East Somerset - net zero, nature positive by 2030
- To listen to and work with residents to act on their concerns.
Core ambitions and priorities
To continue to translate our purpose into commitments, we have retained and adapted our three principles with extended ambitions:
- Preparing for the future - we will work towards a resilient, sustainable economy that is fair, green, creative and connected
- Delivering for local residents - we will continually improve frontline services across our communities, whilst protecting the most vulnerable
- Focusing on prevention - we will invest in prevention across all services to tackle inequalities and improve local areas
Within this framework, the Strategy also contains nine priorities which set out how we will improve people’s lives through its delivery. They are:
- The right homes in the right places
- More travel choices
- Clean, safe and vibrant neighbourhoods
- Support for vulnerable adults and children
- Delivering for our children and young people
- Healthy lives and places
- Good jobs
- Skills to thrive
- Cultural life
You can view updates on how we are delivering our Corporate Strategy on our Newsroom website.
Last updated 08 September 2023