Summary of scheme
Part of the Scholars Way Cycle Route, this scheme consists of improvements for walkers and cyclists between Combe Down and the University of Bath. It includes new ‘parallel’ zebra crossings on Woodland Place and Widcombe Hill at their junction with Copseland, to provide a quieter, safer and more convenient route for pedestrians and cyclists. Other sections of the Scholars Way route are currently in design and will come forward for consultation in the near future.
These are the aims of this scheme:
- Encouraging and enabling more journeys to be taken on foot and by bike
- Improving the confidence of people to cycle
- Giving greater priority to cyclists on the road
- Providing a continuous cycle route from Combe Down to the University of Bath
- Improving the health and wellbeing of residents
- Supporting our work to address the climate emergency
When are we consulting?
Details of the schemes are not currently available, but we will publish full descriptions and plans in February 2021, when we consult the general public on our plans.