Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use this page.

Apply for permits and licences for child employment, child performance and chaperoning

We monitor, control and license out-of-school employment, such as a part-time job or being involved in a commercial play or show, to ensure that it doesn't affect a child's education or welfare. Use these pages to apply for the permit, licence or approval that you will need.

  • Child employment permit
  • For employers who wish to employ a school aged child (13+ years) 
  • Child performance licence
  • For producers and event owners who wish have children performing in a commercial show, such as a play, sporting or modelling event
  • Chaperone approval
  • For individuals who wish to gain council approval to work safeguarding the welfare of children employed in performances