Changes we need to know about
Please tell us if any of the following changes apply to you or your household. You may also need to provide evidence of these changes.
You need to tell us if you move home. You can do this with our online form.
Before you start
To tell us about a change of address you will need:
- The dates you moved, your new tenancy started, and your old tenancy ended
- The addresses you have moved from and to
- How much rent you will pay, and how often
- The bank account details that you want your benefit paid into
- Contact details for your landlord or agent
- A copy of your tenancy agreement
If you are privately renting you may also need to provide details on:
- Any financial interest you have in the property
- Relationships between you, your partner, or your children and you landlord, agent, or their partners
- Living arrangements if your landlord lives at your address
- Employment conditions if you rent the property as part of your employment
- Companies that you, or your partner, are directors of if you rent the property through them
If you need to tell us about a change in your self-employed earnings, or about new self-employed earnings, you can do this through our online form. Once you have completed the form, we will contact you within 10 working days to tell you what evidence you will need to supply.
Before you start
To complete this form you will need:
- Your National Insurance number
- Claim number (if you know it)
- Your address and contact details
If any of the following changes apply to you, or your household, then please use our online claim management system to tell us. You will need to provide evidence of these changes.
- Anyone moving in or out (we will need to know dates, even if temporary)
- Any births or deaths
Income and expense changes
- Earnings going up or down
- Starting, stopping or changing work
- Changes in pension amounts
- Changes to other benefits
- Changes in childcare costs (for example, nursery costs)
- A sudden change in your capital (for example, receiving an inheritance payment)
Rent and residency changes
- Rental costs going up or down
- A long illness, or planned hospital stay (more than 13 weeks)
- An absence from home within the UK (more than 13 weeks)
- An absence from home outside of the UK (more than 4 weeks)
Changes to personal information
- Name changes
- Changes to your gender
- Changes to your contact details
- Changes to the following:
- If you start, or stop, being a full time student
- If you become registered blind
- If you become a carer for someone, or start to receive carer's allowance
- If you have to receive overnight care
- If you become a foster carer
Need to see someone?
From the 7th June 2021 we can offer face to face appointments for those who have in-depth benefit enquires or may have difficulties using our online facilities.
For more information please speak to a Benefits Assessor by calling 01225 477777.