Book a free COVID-19 rapid test (also known as lateral flow test) if you're an essential or critical worker who doesn't have symptoms.
What to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms
Around one in three people with COVID-19 don't have symptoms, so rapid testing will help us find cases of the virus and get people to isolate so we can break the chains of transmission, and reduce the spread of the virus in our area.
If you're over the age of 16, you live or work in Bath and North East Somerset, and you're an essential or critical worker book a test using our online form. Essential or critical worker includes people who are responsible for keeping essential services going, such as:
- Health and social care workers (not covered by national or employer led testing programmes)
- Personal assistants or carers
- Emergency services staff
- Funeral or crematorium staff
- Supermarket or food processing, production and distribution staff
- Transport workers including taxis, buses, and parking management
- Waste management staff
- Key public services (for example, justice system, faith work, journalism)
- Early years staff including private, voluntary and independent nurseries and childminders
- Other customer facing local authority staff unable to work from home
- Other voluntary, community and social enterprise sector staff and volunteers in essential public facing roles
- Other customer facing essential services staff unable to work from home
Why you should take part
To help identify people who don't have COVID-19 symptoms, but are infectious and could spread the virus to others unknowingly.
Where you can get a test
- Where you work (your employer will let you know if rapid testing is available at your workplace)
- The Apex Hotel, James Street West, Bath BA1 2DA
- Keynsham Masonic Hall, 99 Bath Road, Keynsham BS31 1SR (from 8 March 2021)
- Centurion Hotel, Charlton Lane, Midsomer Norton, Radstock BA3 4BD (from 10 March 2021)
What the test involves
The rapid test involves taking a swab from your nose and throat, and takes around 15 minutes to administer. You should receive your results within an hour by text or email.
Book a test
To book a test we will need the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
If you have difficulty booking a test online, please call us on 01225 39 40 41.
For further details about rapid (lateral flow) testing, go to GOV.UK where you will find information on how the testing works and how effective it is.