We are offering a free two-week trial with electric cargo bike couriers, Three Bags Full and WEGO. We hope to encourage affordable, sustainable delivery practices in the city to help tackle congestion, noise, carbon emissions and pollution.
Benefits of using the scheme
The potential benefits of using an e-cargo bike courier for deliveries include the following:
- Providing all-day access to vehicle-prohibited areas of Bath's city centre
- Making deliveries faster and more reliable with same-day, next-day and named-day deliveries
- Saving on increasing costs of owning, running and operating a vehicle
- Providing a sustainable alternative to delivery vans or cars (contributing zero tailpipe and carbon emissions)
- Reducing your environmental impact and tackling the Climate Emergency
- Securing your goods in weatherproof, lockable storage boxes with capacity of 2.2m2 - which can be chilled and temperature monitored as required
Register your interest in the two-week free trial before 31 August 2022, using our online form.
Your business or organisation may be suitable for deliveries by e-cargo bike couriers if you are:
- delivering small to medium size packages over shorter distances in and around Bath
- currently using e-cargo bike couriers and would like a review of how you use the facility to ensure it is sustainable longer term
To find out how the scheme works and to register your interest, please complete our online form by 31 August 2022.
What happens next
When we have received your application, we will contact you with more information about the scheme.
If the scheme is suitable for your business or organisation, we will work with you to arrange a two-week free trial to be fulfilled by Three Bags Full or WEGO Couriers.
If your free trial is successful, we can discuss supporting longer subsidised trials, offering discounted deliveries for a period of up to six months.
We will tailor the length and the amount of subsidy to suit your particular business needs, with a view to ensuring a sustainable transition to e-cargo bike deliveries at the end of the trial.
The trial will be supervised by an advisor and we we will do our best to ensure that your business fully realises the cost saving and ec0-benefits of using e-cargo bikes during and after the trial.
The subsidy will be in the form of a grant to the business, paid direct to the approved e-cargo bike couriers, Three Bags Full or WEGO Couriers.
Aims of the scheme
By subsidising e-cargo bike deliveries, we hope to encourage businesses to try more sustainable delivery options and reduce the number of traditional fossil-fuelled delivery vehicles operating within Bath.
We aim to improve air quality and congestion within the city, and encourage practices that will help us reach our target to be carbon neutral by 2030.
We also hope to prove that zero carbon options, like e-cargo bike couriers, can be cost effective and efficient for local businesses, as well as being better for the environment.