All other library services remain suspended.
Face coverings are required in our libraries, unless you have a special exemption, in line with the latest government guidance on face coverings.
The following changes will be in place to protect public health:
- Main library areas will not be available for browsing
- The number of people entering the library at any one time will be limited
- Public computers and self-study areas will remain closed
- Books can be returned through designated drop-boxes on the ground floor of Bath Central Library, and at the entrances of Keynsham and Midsomer Norton Libraries
- There will be a limited range of pre-selected books to 'grab and go' (you will need your library card for this)
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Use the hand sanitisers provided
Some of these are now reopening, although services may be reduced. Please find your local library and contact them to check opening hours and safety precautions.
We regret that the Mobile Library service remains closed until further notice.
Access our virtual library
You can still access our e-Books, e-Audiobooks, and e-Magazines, and check out our social media for updates on what we are doing to deliver services to you. Visit our digital facilities and resources web page for more details.
One Stop Shops
All of our One Stop Shops are currently providing a limited service until further notice. This includes the following:
- Telephones to contact council and partner services
- Card or cash payments at our self-service machine
- Dealing with essential Welfare Support enquiries
One Stop Shops are no longer taking cash payments during the coronavirus outbreak. To see other payment options view our Pay for It section.