There may be delays on bus route X86 throughout the renovation works, and buses will need to divert away from the bridge during the temporary closure period in the summer (currently estimated as mid-May to mid-August).
The planned bridge closure will be timed to minimise disruption to journeys to school. If you are a parent with a child attending Ralph Allen School whose journey to school will be affected, you may want to view the school's dedicated transport information online, or contact them directly to discuss alternative travel options.
For shorter journeys, walking or cycling may offer a simpler and quicker option. We recommend planning your trip in advance, to save time and trouble, and avoid congested roads.
How we will minimise the impact
We will aim to reduce any negative impact of the work in the following ways:
- We will work with bus service operators to minimise disruption to their service.
- We will identify and publicise alternative routings through the city.
- We appreciate there will be unavoidable inconvenience to passengers using bus stops not served during the works period and will seek to minimise the additional walking distance to alternative or temporary bus stops.
- The bridge will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists throughout the works, so that it should still be possible to make short local journeys.
- We have drawn up, and will regularly update, our own traffic management plan, which has details of how we will monitor the situation throughout the works.
Keeping in touch
You may find it useful to plan alternative ways of getting to your destination, using the Travelwest Journey Planner.
If you need to contact us about the refurbishment, please use the dedicated email address for this project email@example.com