We are providing £250 grants to low income households to help with energy costs this winter. Use this page to apply for the Household Support Fund.
We will provide the grants by issuing pre-paid debit cards. You can use the debit cards online or in store to pay for energy related expenses. You cannot use the debit cards to withdraw cash from ATMs or to obtain cashback.
You can only use the pre-paid debit cards to help with the following types of expenditure:
- Electricity costs
- Gas cost
- Other household fuel (e.g., Kerosene)
- Blankets and bedding
- Boiler repairs or servicing
You can use the prepaid debit cards on pre-payment meters, online or telephone payments. Please note, you may need to provide receipts as proof of expenditure.
To qualify for the £250 grant, one or more of the following statements must apply to you:
- You receive Income Support
- You receive Universal Credit
- You receive Pension Credit (Guaranteed Credit)
- You receive Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- You receive Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- You receive Housing Benefit
- Your combined household income from earnings and pensions is less than £350 per week
You must also have savings and capital of less than £2,000 and be able to demonstrate that you are struggling with energy costs.
Before you apply
You will need to provide evidence of your income, savings, and current energy costs. Please have these documents to hand before you start your application.
Do not complete the application without submitting the relevant documents as this will delay your application or cause it to be rejected.
Regulations and restrictions
- We will issue one award per household which must be spent by 31 March 2022
- We will reclaim any residual funds that are not spent by this date. Please note that payments made using the card will be monitored
- If any transactions are made for items or services not related to energy costs, we will suspend the card and recover the grant in full
- You may use the prepaid debit cards in full or in part to cover energy costs. However, when using the cards in part payment for a bill higher than £250, you must pay the additional amount before using the prepaid card for the rest of the balance. For example, if you were paying a bill of £500, you would need to make your own payment of £250 before you could use the prepaid card for the remaining £250.
What happens next?
- We will review your application within 7 days and contact you directly if we need more information
- If your application is successful, the card may take up to two weeks to arrive
- We will support you through the process of application. If you have any queries or concerns, you can contact us by phoning the Benefits team on 01225 477777 and select option 4, or email email@example.com
If you own the home you live in, you may be able to receive a grant or loan to help pay for energy home improvements . For more information visit our Energy at home website